An Evidence Based Approach to Bladder Health
This one day webinar will introduce an evidence based approach to clinical reasoning, shared decision making, and intervention for massage therapists related to bladder health including incontinence and bladder pain syndrome (interstitial cystitis).
An understanding of current pain science and evidence supporting best interventions and management around bladder health concerns will give participants more confidence in understanding how massage therapy fits within a management model for people living with incontinence and/or bladder pain syndrome.
- Review of Bladder anatomy, physiology, pathology.
- Participants will be able to recognize when addressing bladder health concerns is indicated based on person (patient) presentation.
- Participants will be given a clinical reasoning framework based on current evidence in bladder health to better support shared decision making with patients.
- Participants will be able to confidently assess, treat and provide remedial exercise and movement for the pelvis and pelvic floor in relation to bladder health concerns within scope of practice (NO internal exams or treatments)
- Approved for 7 CEC credits with the CMTBC
Cost: $400.00 CAN (including GST)
DATES: Fall 2022 Dates TBA
All Purchases are subject to a $75.00 refund charge. Purchases are non-refundable 30 days before course start date.